Sunday 15 February 2015

Cricketer Richard Austin Dies



FI WI CONCERNS 2015

Richard Austin dies,a great Jamaican cricketer who was punished for participating in the Kerry Packer cricket tour of South Africa in 1982-83 during the apartheid regime. In recent times he was a fixture in the Cross Roads area of Half Way Tree Road apparently he was not bed ridden for anytime because I am sure I saw him doing his rounds. I often wondered what could have been done to assist him out of his social, mental and economic difficulties. I think it all started when he was banned from doing his job of playing cricket by the Michael Manley government after that tour to South Africa. Looking back I think the penalty was too harsh and politicians have no moral or ethical right to judge anyone. They the politicians  and Jamaica contributed the demise of Richard "Danny Germs" Austin RIP.11/02/15


Michael Spence

Information about Richard Austin.

No comments:

Most Popular Post.