Contributed By A Bark Di Trute Supporter.
Hi Vernon, You know something? Sometimes when I read your articles, I think you remind me of me …..somewhat. My 13-year-old son thinks that old people like his parents are “miserable”. That’s how I think many people view me…..and you!!!
I’m currently on a flight from England. I read your article about your mother’s funeral and the journey to the funeral and at the funeral.
Since I was 9 years old, I have been wondering why people agree to do eulogies and to SING solos at their loved ones’ funerals IF DEM CYAANT stay the course!!!
Personally, I have come to think that even where there are no tears, they are created for the occasion. If you’re not fainting nor breaking down, you’re not showing that you loved the person.
It’s always pure damn drama. I cannot stand it.
We went to a funeral at 9 miles near to where Bob Marley was born in St. Ann a few years ago. This place is behind God’s back. Trust me.
The deceased had 17 children. Most of the children had a tribute in song or speech. The funeral lasted 4 hours, much to the shock of my foreign husband.
We had to tek weh wisself because we did not want night to ketch us on that road!!! At some points on the road there was a precipice. When we encountered a car going in the opposite direction, one car had to reverse on the narrow road with a precipice below. We managed to get to Brown’s Town or somewhere there, before nightfall.
We also went to a funeral where the sister of the deceased was perfectly fine until she went to view the coffin. On her way back to her seat, when it was convenient, and she was flanked by 2 strong men, her feet miraculously buckled, and she had to be carried to her seat.
You’re outspoken. You’re saying the things we think but don’t say.
You’re a journalist!
Other Reading
______________________
_______________________

______________________
Keep abreast of the news and information in the world. Bark Di Trute, a Jamaican blog, is packed with accurate information. Click the following link and get information at your fingertips. WhatsApp link is: https://chat.whatsapp.com/C9bkP96JIN2JgHiuktY3Jj
_________________
_________________
_________________
_________________
Subscribe Now!
Without your support, Bark Di Trute could fail to bark one day. Send your ideas, stories, and news by WhatsApp at (876) 816-5261.
You can view the blog on your computer at https://vderby.blogspot.com, and you will be able to see the various links. For example, there is a link that takes you to the calendar to see what is happening on the weekend. You can even search the site for articles. There is also a weather link, which you can use to track hurricanes.
_____________________
People do fake emotions at funerals, but not all , others are genuinely expressing what they're feeling, and I don't believe one has any control over where when and how it happens
ReplyDelete