Friday 9 August 2024

Minister Grange Time To Take it Easy

 

Hon. Olivia Grange OJ, CD, DSE

Since I posted the blog about Minister Olivia 'Babsy' Grange's health I have been bombarded with messages. Some of us will criticize Minister Grange as a politician, while others see her as the best. Whatever you think, her impact on the country has been significant and we are now concerned about her health.

I have seen another politician who spent her best years in politics and soon after leaving politics her health deteriorated. It is sad to know that one has spent their best years helping people and now in their twilight years they are faced with health challenges and no time to relax and enjoy life.

I worked closely with the JCDC when Minister Grange was then the Executive Director of the JCDC. Babsy's road has been rough at times. She was a prisoner during the 1976 State of Emergency. She has served in the Culture Ministry for many years. I was a Board Member under her Ministry and served as Chairman of the Festival Song Competition. I can tell you that this woman hardly sleeps. It was all about her Ministry and the work.

We want to see Babsy out of the hospital as soon as possible.  My understanding from good sources is that the Minister is very ill. It is time to give the damn politics a walk and take care of yourself, Minister Grange. You have far more to offer by sharing your knowledge locally and internationally and enjoying your twilight years. Lack of sleep and stress will send you home earlier than expected.

Get well soon, Sista Babsy.

 _________________________________




WANTED

  • A bedroom to rent for a UWI student. The kitchen and bathroom should be available for use.
  • To purchase a second-hand professional used camera.

Send me a WhatsApp message at 876 816-5261 if you are interested. 
_________________________________


_________________________________

I have been assisting persons here in Jamaica and overseas for over 30 years. voluntarily. Your support can help me to continue the work which requires hours of dedicated work and using my own resources. Thanks to those who have offered to assist so far.


Send me a WhatsApp message to (876) 816-5261 if you want to use a different method to contribute.
I have been assisting persons here in Jamaica and overseas for over 30 years now voluntarily. Your support can help me to continue the work which requires hours of dedicated work and using my own resources. Thanks to those who have offered to assist so far.Thanks. 

Vernon L Derby 





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She has given long service to Jamaica. I wish she speedy recovery. She should really consider taking life easier.

Anonymous said...

Wish her a speedy recovery! The fact of the matter is " we have to know when to quit"

CHAYIL said...

Minister Grange is undisputedly one of the hardest serving Politicians. She has been consistent whatever the portfolio assigned. I pray for her restoration and that she will gracefully pass on the baton. She has fire in her still so she can groom others and serve in a non mandatory advisory capacity.

I am the first to respect and ask for privacy. However, as a servant of the people we need more than the bits and pieces re Minister's Grange health. We deserve to be a part of her full journey - in good times and bad. Our love doesn't start and stop on the campaign trail.
This is Jamaica. After all is said and done, we know how to love.
Please PM, tell us, how is Minister Grange doing?
Sending you love Minister Grange.

Most Popular Post.