![]() |
| Carolyn Reid-Cameron, Public Defender, receives instrument of office from the Governor General |
Someone must take action against those government entities that fail to act when reports are made to them. Today I am looking at the Children's Advocate and the Public Defender. I remember years ago when I saw a baby locked up in a car at a supermarket, and the owner of the car told me I could not do anything about it. The matter was reported to the Children's Advocate, and the news was carried on the Nationwide News Network. After all these years, as far as I know, no action has been taken.
Recently, I encouraged a man to take a matter to the public defender, and months have passed, and I have been told that the public defender's office has not said anything to the man since the report was made.
I am left to assume certain things:
- People are related to persons in offices who are supposed to investigate their actions.
- People are being paid not to do anything about certain cases.
In April of this year, several police entered the home of residents in Manchester without a search warrant, and although the matter was reported to the Public Defender's office, as far as I know, this case is a dead one. Click here to see the blog about that illegal search.
The budget for the public defender's office is $394.85 million (JMD) for 2026/27. How much work will be done for the year? The Public Defender's Office says that it is the voice of the voiceless, but that office seems to have lost its voice. The Integrity Commission needs to look into this case. I smell corruption.
________________________
Prostate Cancer
Remember to have your prostate checked out by the doctor, or you might see your maker earlier than he had planned.
Please add your comments at the bottom of the blog.
______________________
![]() |
| Click Here. |
Keep abreast of the news and information in the world. Bark Di Trute, a Jamaican blog, is packed with accurate information. Click the following link and get information at your fingertips. WhatsApp link is: https://chat.whatsapp.com/C9bkP96JIN2JgHiuktY3Jj
______________________________
![]() |
| Click here and win. |
It's best to view this blog on your computer at https://vderby.blogspot.com.
_________________
Subscribe Now!
Without your support, Bark Di Trute could fail to bark one day. Send your ideas, stories, and news by WhatsApp at (876) 816-5261.
You can view the blog with your computer at https://vderby.blogspot.com, and you will be able to see the various links. For example, there is a link that takes you to the calendar to see what is happening on the weekend. You can even search the site for articles. There is also a weather link, which you can use to track hurricanes.
_____________________l










I pray after you sharing your experience Sir there’ll be a response, wow not good at all!
ReplyDeleteIt seems quite normal for people not to get a response from some of these government agencies and to get action from them to resolve issues. People just give up after awhile.
Delete