Monday 4 December 2023

Nadine Williams is Spot On With Food Prices - Mondays at 1534 During SpotOn.

Nadine Williams our Food Prices Analyst is a vendor at the Coronation Market in Kingston. She is a strong and ambitious Jamaican woman, who has worked hard for herself and also her son who was crippled by a gunman's bullet. Her son is now a student at the University of The West Indies.

Years ago when I did 'At Your Service' and Lorna Gordon was my producer, I decided that it would be a great idea to have a vendor update us on food prices weekly. We hear about exchange rates, the price of oil, and share prices but there was no one informing us about the price of food items weekly in our municipality markets.

An idea was born. I went down to the Coronation market and spoke to several vendors about the idea. I eventually met Nadine and I knew then that she was the person I was looking for. In those days I coached her and I recorded the programme. After recording the programme for a few months it was decided that it was best that she did the programme live.

Consumer Prices on a Monday afternoon is now the programme to listen to if you want to know what food prices are like in the Markets. Nadine and Anthony Gayle do an excellent job of indicating what the prices will be like for the coming weekend.

Lister to her on the FM Band at 89.1 and 89.3 - KLAS.

Click to listen to my dynamic Food Prices Analyst, Nadine Williams.

__________________________________________________

Please add your comments to this blog.

__________________________________________________

It's Just a Click

__________________________________________

Click HERE to register and receive emergency and other information.

Send emergency information by WhatsApp to 876 816-5261.


No comments:

Most Popular Post.