Wednesday 5 June 2024

Breaking News - Bark Di Trute Consultant Lois Grant Has Died!

Lois Grant


My friend and supporter, one who has been a consultant, and a contributor to Bark Di Trute, Lois Grant has died. 

She knew she was going soon. Lois did her last interview with me on Monday, June 3, on SpotOn. Her last words to me then were that only you could make me come out to do this interview.

Lois was no ordinary woman. She contributed significantly to the entertainment business, the development of talent, and assisting those who needed help. Lois last job was the Director of Communication in the Office of the Prime Minister. This outstanding lady was involved in many more things including working for NBC.

I got a call from Terry Salmon this afternoon advising me of the sad news and I just spoke to her cousin Tony Robinson. I am unable to get her son. I know he must be devastated but be strong my brother. Her daughter in the UK will also be devastated. To the rest of the family be strong.

I am just writing...I am not sure if what I am writing makes sense. I am writing hoping that this will keep me up as I mourn the loss of a great friend.

My eyes can hardly see the screen of the computer. I need to complete this post because I can feel my eyes getting moist. The day has come when I am now writing this post. I knew the day was fast approaching. Can I go on? 

I have lost a friend who trusted me and I trusted her. I must go on....I must go on! Walk good Lois. Yu do nuff good on this earth. You went the way you have always wanted to go...Yes, you were an independent woman and an outspoken personality. 

I loved you in life and I love you in death. It is the road we all have to walk one day. Walk good my friend.

Listen to part one of my interview with her. Part two was never to be.

Click here to listen to the conversation between Vernon Derby and Lois Grant

Please add your comments to the blog below.

__________________________


24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rest in Eternal Peace Lois. You are truly a Child of God ❤️ Stafford Haughton

Anonymous said...

Jamaica has lost one of it's illustrious daughters! Lois has been the epitome of what every Jamaican, men and women, should strive to be! This mission is over and a new one will soon begin! Fly with the angels on the wings of the morning Lois! Peace!

Micspen said...

My God Maas Vernon I never met her but through your blog it was as though she was family.
I feel it deep down I am shocked an Angel is lost to human kind.
Walk good Lois you remain alive with us and many others.

Anonymous said...

I never know she was sick my condolences to you and the family Mr Darby I know she was your good friend

Anonymous said...

My sincere condolences on your loss, take the time to grieve even Jesus wept for his friend. I was looking forward to seeing her at the concert later this month

Anonymous said...

I am lost for words, another great one has left this world. Keep strong Vernon. Condolences to family, friends and all who knew her. May her soul rest in peace

Rosina Christina Moder said...

Dearest Vernon, my sincerest condolences to you! I am totally speechless....... Through the awsome stories she created and published in your blog I rediscovered Lois' amazing gift of writing, and I had the luck of telling her that over the phone a couple of days ago. Rest well dear Lois!

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed her insightful pieces. May her stories continue to inspire. May angels accompany her home.

Anonymous said...

May soul rest in peace....

Anonymous said...

May soul rest in peace

Anonymous said...

My condolences to her family and to you Vernon. May her soul rest in peace

Anonymous said...

Sad and.sudden!! Walk good Lois. My condolences Vernon.

Tomlin Ellis said...

I don't know how to say what i want to say, let me say condolences to family and friends. She was a wonderful lady. Blessings always

Anonymous said...

This is shocking news, Vernon. I am sadden... too many people are dying suddenly...it is just too much. That vaccine that was forced on us is now taking its toll...I am convinced! The silence is deafening now byy all who forced us to take that jab! 😠

Anonymous said...

Vernon, I know you must be in shock. My condolences to you and to the family and friends of Lois. I didn't know she was unwell.

Anonymous said...

This was not a sudden death. Many of us continue to do what we do even under tough circumstances. The radio programme with her was done, edited and published in a few hours for her because I know her time was was running out. Many of us continue to do what we do even under tough circumstances.

Vernon Derby said...

I was shocked initially. I am now depressed. It is a great loss. Normally I say and do what I do without looking for support. Today if I did not get support from persons like you, anything would be possible. Thanks for your support.

jamaicalifemedia said...

I'm shocked and saddened by Lois passing. May she RIPπŸ™

Anonymous said...

Hi Vernie. So sorry to hear of Lois Grant's passing. We've lost an exceptional colleague in media, public relations, promotions, marketing among other things. Latterly, you encouraged and promoted her work through your various platforms. We will miss her , but her work will live on. Condolences to her family and friends, in particular our JBC family! RIP Lois. Love. Jean.Shaw ❤πŸ™

Anonymous said...

Vernon....this can't be true...never knew she was ailing.....saw her at Pesoa's concert at Stellar Maris Church Hall...RIP Lois...God's angel will watch over you.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I came to know Ms. Grant because of Bark Di Trute and her many conversations and contributions to the blog. She was a brilliant lady - she wrote and spoke very well - very forth right and insightful. I am saddened and because we never knew that she was ailing - the news is also shocking. My sincerest sympathies to her family, collegues, friends and especially you Mr Derby. I pray you all be comforted by the many great memories you shared with Ms Grant - that God provides you with strength and peace to navigate through this difficult time. May her soul rest in eternal peace.

Anonymous said...

Lois was one of a kind. She was gracious and kind, straightforward and honest. ‘Bagga Brown and I emceed many of the Tastee Talent contests that she produced. She was very disciplined and respectful of each and every person that had the good fortune to work with her. She has left a vacuum in this life but singing with the angels in the next. Condolences to her family and friends and I am praying for you too Vernon because I know that you were very close.

Anonymous said...

Did not mean to post as anonymous ; Joan Johnson

Anonymous said...

My mother also refused the vaccine so let us not raise unwarranted narratives.

Most Popular Post.