Sunday 21 July 2024

Carol Boeth's Tribute to Lois Grant, Former Bark Di Trute Consultant


Lois Grant


To my best friend and sister, Lois Eleanor Grant,

You were the kindest, loveliest, most selfless person you will ever meet. You were brave, funny, and always there for anyone who needed it. There is not enough paper in the world to even begin to write a tribute for you, but no one deserves it more.

Lois, you were sweet, kind, giving, truthful, hard-working, creative, a media personality, and learned. Thank you for your great work in Jamaica's entertainment field. You fought a good fight; you were an inspiration, caretaker, trailblazer, and someone who fought for all. Lois, you have made a name for yourself, and hopefully, you will receive an honorary reward for the work you did in and for Jamaica.

You were my friend and confidant. I was blessed the day we met on Facebook and developed such a sisterhood and friendship. The bond was so strong and real. I felt your pain if you were hurting. Despite everything, you continued to use your voice for those without one. You were there for people mentally and physically when you yourself needed a caregiver. You never wanted to say no when most times you were weak and should have been with someone caring for you. I was always in disbelief when you were called on, knowing your energy was low, yet you went. Truly, I don't think people understood the strength it took for you to show up.

Your joy when excited and happy was infectious. We cried, laughed, and shared so much, in the good, bad, and ugly times. We had so many plans for the future; you wanted to do it all. Lois, I miss you so very much. My days aren't the same since your demise; now it's like retraining for me. I remember when you would ask, "Carol, when you a come a yuh yawd?" (moving back to Jamaica) and "you a goh mek one a wi drop dead fuss?" I thought you and I would have had so much time to do so much. Now that I am here, you are no longer. Sleep in peace, my sister, till we meet again. Gone too soon.

Written by Carol Boeth

Carol Boeth







These are pictures taken at the celebrations held for Lois Grant.












_________________________________

Click Here to report hurricane problems relating to utility companies and other organizations. Share this link as much as possible.

_________________________________

I have been assisting persons here in Jamaica and overseas for over 30 years now voluntarily. Your support can help me to continue the work which requires hours of dedicated work and using my own resources. Thanks to those who have offered to assist so far.


Send me a WhatsApp message to (876) 816-5261 if you want to use a different method to contribute.Thanks. 
Vernon L. Derby
_______________________________
CLICK HERE to subscribe to Bark Di Trute and be informed.

 __________________________


No comments:

Most Popular Post.