Tuesday 27 February 2024

News Flash - Organizations Could Be Stealing Data from Your Phones and Laptops


I went to an organization last week to have some work done on my phone because I messed up my WhatsApp - I was checking out some new features of WhatsApp. I went to this company where they fix phones. I was told that I could not speak to the technician and that they would have to take my phone to work on it in the back of the store. I was told that they had to link it to a computer. My alarm bells went off.

I was told I could not speak to the technician because that is the company's policy. They are the big dogs and I being the puppy, had no say in the matter. The consumer was no King here, but a mere puppy.

This week I went back again to the same place to have the matter resolved because I had to purchase a new chip for one of the phones.

I spoke to a lady who seemed like someone in management. I told her about the challenge. She referred me to someone who is the responsible person for matters falling under the Data Protection Act.

The first question I asked was if they sold contact information This was confirmed by the gentleman who was now dealing with my challenge. It dawned on me that the source of contact information could come from people's cellular phones. I outlined the following to them:.

  1. All contacts could be downloaded from my phone. I have over 7,000 contacts on my phone.
  2. They could have access to my other confidential information which is on the phone.
  3. Private pictures could be downloaded and passed to others who could use these pictures to blackmail me.
  4. The phone is linked to Alexia which controls things at home.
  5. Other important passwords such as banking information are stored in the phone.
The gentleman dealing with the case more than likely realised that I was on to something. The company policy went through the window and the technician came to the counter and resolved the challenge in about five minutes.

DO NOT GIVE YOUR PHONES OR YOUR LAPTOPS TO PERSONS TO SERVICE UNLESS YOU CAN SEE WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH THE EQUIPMENT. QUESTION THEM ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

LET THIS MESSAGE GO VIRAL. IT'S IMPORTANT FOR ALL.

_____________________________________

 

Violet Edwards Scholarship

If you are having financial challenges and you are unable to pursue tertiary education; you want to enter the UWI, but you cannot afford it; you had to drop out of school due to family commitments; you feel that you are too old to go back to UWI, then CLICK HERE and submit your information so that we can tell you more about the Violet Edwards scholarship.


________________________

Please send your videos and pictures of the Parish Council Election campaign trail activities to 876 816-5261.

________________________

Join Bark Di Trute News 
and get the news first.
_________________________


WIN TICKETS TO HAVE LUNCH ON

FRIDAY, MARCH 29, 1200 - 1300 HOURS

9A CHELSEA AVENUE, NEW KINGSTON, JAMAICA.

THE DEADLINE  FOR ENTERING IS  

MONDAY, MARCH  25, 2024.

,



It's Just a Click


_________________________________


Be a part of a group to get emergency information first.
WhatsApp emergency information to 876 816-5261.

The emergency might be a fire, accident, crime scene, a major disaster, or the road might be blocked. WhatsApp pictures and videos also. Your messages will then be broadcast to others. Only the editor of this blog has access to the WhatsApp number. Support the work by sharing this blog with as many people as possible.
________________________________________

3 comments:

Micspen said...

Perfect words to be wise these days.

Anonymous said...

So true you have to be so careful👹

Anonymous said...

So people will just take your personal information and sell it to these companies or use it against you and you do not have a clue what these people are doing to innocent people. So they are no different from those big platform that we are using every day. What a disgrace in our little island. Seems like everywhere you turn. Macka Juk you. A hope our government a put things in place to us from these types of evildoers 🤔.

Most Popular Post.