Sunday 25 August 2024

Possible Fraud at Supermarket Cashier - Beware

Message From Bark Di Trute Supporter - 20240824

Regarding the people at the supermarket and other places of business that like to push up on you when you’re conducting your business, it is important to remember that Covid is on the rise again, and even if they/you don’t have it, you/they might have it and they/you could get infected. There are so many contagious diseases out there that we don’t even know about. 

The other thing is that there are people walking around with handheld scanners that can scan your cards in your wallet without you knowing, but they have to be really close, actually touching your wallet, even for a second and you have been charged for something you don’t know about. 

I once went shopping at the Megamart in Portmore, and I was buying a lot of stuff to take back with me. I told the cashier to allow the person that had cashed before me to take all their purchases before scanning mine. She ignored me, and so some of my stuff got mixed up with the other person’s stuff. The young man who was packing up the items was just packing what he thought was the other person’s. When I got home I realised that some of the items that I had paid for was missing. 

In situations like that, it doesn’t even make sense to go back to the store, because they won’t believe you and you can’t prove that you didn’t get what you paid for.


More Reading:

Risky to have someone close to you at supermarket cashier. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok duely notrdx👹

Anonymous said...

I agreed Mr Derby we need some space let the other person pack there things before they start to check a next person you have to have your eyes on your goods else it get mix up and some of these people not honest they know is not theirs and yet they say nothing when the packers put your things in there bag need some distant fi true

Anonymous said...

I made the mistake of buying the Sunday Gleaner in one of the ‘marts’ and when I got home was looking at the bill and I was charged 500 dollars for said paper that is sold for 200.00 . I was too far away and did not want to go through the stress!! Lesson learned , I now have my eyes on the items and the cash register simultaneously!!

Most Popular Post.